Nickname picked! Now with Pic!

Choose a nickname she would be proud to use as a teen or adult.
smile.png

You can't let your daughter pick her nickname. Recess-rules clearly state that all nicknames are the result of a really embarrassing moment, captured in a single word.

Other people pick them. If your parents pick them, they will be sickeningly cute (Punkin, Sweet one, Precious). If your friends pick them, they will be embarrassing. Stinky, Bug-eye, Lefty, Pop-eye, Gimp, Itchy, Booger, Pig Pen, etc.. You kinda want to get to kindergarten, with your own nickname.

And for the sake of whatever school system you'll be dealing with, ditch the nickname before she begins school. I always hated doing intercom announcements that "Bubba" was to come to the office because his "MeMaw" was there to pick him up!

Last edited:
I gave my kids names that you couldn't shorten into a nickname. I don't really like nicknames ( My dad called me "punkin' lunkin" when I was little. *urgh* Maybe this is why?) However, my kids have given each other nicknames over the years: "Doodleman", "D- Money" & "Spence-Cent", Boog", "Pumbaa", "Dunkie-Monkey", Some stay...some don't.

Ask your daughters best friend for ideas! Maybe they can come up with something together!

I think your daughter has a beautiful name! I immediately thought of "Lolly" as a nickname. It's cute and short! You could combine Hope with Esperanza and call her "Hesper!"

Back
Top Bottom