Niederrheiner Thread! All Colors!

Please post pictures when you get them!
This is mine. She hatched out some mutt fertile eggs. She was the best mom ever. She went right by the book. It was so much fun.

Attachments

• 84368428-36D0-4EAE-A829-B5DC7BD3A24E.jpeg
    84368428-36D0-4EAE-A829-B5DC7BD3A24E.jpeg
    564.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 4D696B04-B917-4BB2-9C37-E0D4BDAA19CC.jpeg
    4D696B04-B917-4BB2-9C37-E0D4BDAA19CC.jpeg
    687.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 1B34D0FB-CF1F-4BE3-BF85-AC1E76C3437B.jpeg
    1B34D0FB-CF1F-4BE3-BF85-AC1E76C3437B.jpeg
    535.8 KB · Views: 11
Hey all,

If there are still folks looking for this breed then you might be excited to know that McMurray is now stocking them. Can't speak for quality as of yet, but I'll be having 8 sent over early February 2021 and am eager to join this thread when the little peepers arrive.
Me too! I ordered them last summer, can't hardly wait ! Delivery in 2 weeks !!!
:wee

I ordered two Niederrheiner chicks from Murray, due to arrive the week of May 31. There are several other chicks in the order that we had planned to order; the Niederrheiners were a last-minute splurge. We cannot have roosters in town, so if one or both are boys, we should be able to find good homes for them. Regardless, it will be fun to watch them grow. The Lemon Cuckoo coloring looks gorgeous, too.

I ordered two Niederrheiner chicks from Murray, due to arrive the week of May 31. There are several other chicks in the order that we had planned to order; the Niederrheiners were a last-minute splurge. We cannot have roosters in town, so if one or both are boys, we should be able to find good homes for them. Regardless, it will be fun to watch them grow. The Lemon Cuckoo coloring looks gorgeous, too.
Good for you. You’ll have to post as they grow. Here’s mine. She hatched some babies for me a while back.
87A7C990-1AB9-4FCD-8812-516DF11FF653.jpeg

Apr 28
Purchased 15 LCN chicks from McMurray, watched the website like a crazy person till they restocked. I've had them like a week. Will upload photos later. So far 2 have died due to unknown issues (potential crop clearing problem). Came with vaccinations against cocci and maerks. Down to 13. Seem to be voracious eaters.

My chicks from McMurray shipped April 12th and arrived April 15th. I ordered 5 LCNs and received 4 (I don't know what the 5th one was, but it was much too dark to be a LCN, so I sold it). Of the 4 that arrived, 1 passed away on the 16th of unknown causes - it was alert and healthy at noon and dead by 4 pm. The remaining 3 are doing well. They are HUGE compared to the Cuckoo Marans and Anconcas that came in the same shipment. Overall, I'm pleased with them so far. I'm hoping that they will start showing clues as to their sexes soon so I can cull the baby chick flock down a bit before integration time.

Does anyone have pictures of the Niederrheiners they got from Murray? I am very interested to see the quality of them. I wonder where they got their stock from...

Back
Top Bottom