1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Nifty, Did you fix something or is it the firefox browser ?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Guinea Goonie, Jan 20, 2009.

1. I started using the "foxfire" browser because of the spell chicking that is already in it. Now I can get a red underline for chicking vs checking and know I have misspelled. One can also add to the dictionary, which I think is great.

ANYWHO, now the back button works and takes me back to the index or recent posts AFTER i post a reply in the thread.

IT DID NOT USE TO DO THAT with explorer.

SO, is the browser or did you fix this ?

JUST curious.

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    It is your browser. Check the settings. Also some browsers are more sensitive to a double clicker.

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Nothing on our side, but that's pretty interesting! Does the fox somehow know that the previous page is a redirect page and simply skip it when hitting the back button???

4. Well, I have always disliked the internet explorer for more reasons that I would like to go into. But, from the get go, with out messing around in the options the Firefox worked like a dream.

One other thing. When you do visit pages within the BYC web site such as uploads it tracks the page at the top in a toolbar. All you have to do is click on the page in the tool bar and go right back to it WITHOUT losing the page you left because it too stays in the tool bar.

I really do like this and use Firefox exclusively for BYC and the IE for the rest of the stuff.

rim

5. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Why bother using Internet Exploder at all? With the IE Tab Extension you can switch to IE whenever you want within Firefox, to deal with those poorly written websites that only allow IE [​IMG] It's very simple to use and I only have to deal with Exploder now with two programs I use, Living Cookbook and TurboTax. Good riddance!

6. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

i luvvvvvvvvvvvv firefox [​IMG]

7. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:Agreed. Firebox is WAY better.

8. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

especially if you get the add-ons ,, no script, ad blocker ( except for BYC) and alot of others.

9. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Yes, I wouldn't be able to survive without AdBlocker.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by