Nifty's Feral Kitty Adventure

Pics
And I do think @Nifty-Chicken your kitty is trying to train you to hunt by the sounds of it. :gig
X2!
And oh my goodness, she is such a BEAUTIFUL cat! I just want to hold her and stroke her! :love Yes, I think she is trying to tempt you to come out and "play" with it and kill it, she is mothering/ mentoring you. One of my cats is a huntress, she brings live prey in and I can always tell when she has done so because she comes in "talking" about it, announcing it. She intends it for me, I think, but gives it up willingly when I tell my dog to "get the rat!" and the dog grabs it and runs out the doggy door with it. I don't know how Gracie disposes of it; I don't ask and she doesn't tell, lol!

Yup! Our agreement with her is that each time she brings us rats, we'll give her a special tuna treat! :D
Nice! We have two dogs. Our cat brought a rat in at 4:45 the other morning and the first we knew of it was when the dog fight woke us up! Normally it has always been Gracie's job to "get the rat" and take it outside, but apparently Sammy decided to try to get in on the action. Gracie is 11, Sammy is 3.

Tonight kitty (mostly) finally earned her Dollar Tree sardines:

1631778506518.png

She likes them very much (I didn't give her the whole can... that was just for the photo)

She caught a tiny rat... and again didn't completely kill it. :(

Since she is such a good hunter, you need to do something to protect her from the fleas she will otherwise get from the rats and mice she is killing. Talk to your vet about it. Ours get monthly drops on the back of the neck. I think there may also be a pill option, not sure. We tried the Soresto collar once, it's good for 8 months, but our rodent-killing cat was allergic to it.

Some very sad news. Our kitty has been missing since last Thursday (Thanksgiving).
😭😿

We've looked all over, called her throughout the yard and around the neighborhood.

My GF has passed around flyers, posted online, called the animal shelters, and following all and every advice she can find on the internet to potentially find her, lure her back, etc. Kitty is chipped, so we're hoping she'll either turn up or be found.

Unfortunately, there have been a lot of reports of coyotes in the area, so we're definitely worried that had something to do with her disappearance.

We're all just terribly heart-broken... just very very sad.

Back
Top Bottom