Nigerian Dwarf's

BBAcres

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 7, 2012
Yukon,Oklahoma
Hi everyone! I have a small Nigerian Dwarf herd of four. My oldest doe is pregnant. I have no clue exactly when she will kid execpt that its sometime this month. She's got a small udder that seems to be getting bigger everyday! I can feel the kid(s) move. I'm pretty sure she would only be having one because she is not that big but then I'm no expert.

But I'm excited and nervous cause I am a worry wort! I spent weeks watching videos and reading about dog labor when my Havanese was expecting and even took leave from work the week she was due just so I could sit with her incase she had them on a work day!

I just wanted to share the news with people that could understand the excitment because telling my friends on Facebook who aren't into animals like me is kinda pointless. And hopefully someone with experience could maybe share some advice or some stories.

Post pics of your herd! I sold all my goats last Spring, I'd normally be on kid watch now, I'm really missing it!

I need to take some new ones now that they are older. But here is a top view of Pumpkin, she's not that big compared to all the pictures I've seen of other pregnant does. And a picture of the dad. He's such a pretty buck and has the prettiest blue eyes. I love him he's such a spoiled baby.

Here is pics of my wether Boomer the white one and of Lucky. See her horse shoe print lol They were two months old in these pictures. they are about eight months now.

Hi and Welcome!
I understand how excited you are. I have Nigi's too. Two of my nannys had babies in December. Next year my buck will be better contained so the babies are born in the spring.
Babies are so much fun! I love to watch them jump and play. It's really funny when they learn to run and then run everywhere they go...lol.
Your goats have similar coloring to mine.

Back
Top Bottom