Do you like this story?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Chapter 6

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!"

Senkah looked down at her paws shamefully, unable to meet her mother's furious gaze. They had managed to find their way back to the dens, and Si'ralle was waiting for them angrily. Senkah and Atra hadn't even mentioned the encounter with the Emeraldpack wolves, and Senkah seemed ready to tear into their fur as it was. How bad would it have been if I did? Senkah wondered silently, before she shuddered. Even worse.

"We were out hunting," Atra replied bravely, meeting her mother's eyes almost stoically.

Si'ralle looked back down at her daughter almost scrutinizingly. At first she thought Atra was just the alpha of her litter, a pup-bully whose aggressive personality would gradually fade as she matured. But there was definitely something deeper going on; something almost... evil. "I told you that you all were too young to be hunting!" Every hair on her pelt bristled, and her eyes blazed.

"It won't happen again," Atra replied again in the same stone-cold voice.

"Good. Get inside." Senkah and Atra hurried in, and Atra leaned over to Senkah.

"Way to go," she hissed.

"It was your idea in the first place!" Senkah shot back. Atra just rolled her eyes.

As Senkah and Atra settled in the den, their siblings looked at them owl-eyed. "What are you looking at?" snapped Atra. They immediately whirled around and went back to their nap.

Months passed. Life went on, as well as Atra and Senkah's feud. Nothing very exciting had happened, other than the birth of the alphas' pups. Their names were Hades, Nikki, and Kaze. Hades stuck to Senkah like glue, always following her around and often driving her crazy. But that wasn't the most of her worries.

With each passing day, Senkah was becoming more and more suspicious and afraid of her sister. Atra often went off by herself, and whenever someone tried to follow her, she rudely pushed them away.

"Senkah!" A particular young pup's voice called from behind her. Hades bounded to her excitedly, his tail wagging like crazy.

Inwardly Senkah rolled her eyes. Will this pup EVER leave me alone?! Why can't he just play with his siblings and the other litters like a normal pup? "Yes, Hades?"

"Nikki, Sunfall, and I are going hunting," he said so quickly that Senkah had a hard time distinguishing his words. "Do you wanna come with us?"

Senkah inwardly groaned. Hunting with Hades was the last thing she wanted to do. But looking into his sweet, innocent brown eyes just tempted her too much. Denying him at such a young age would break his heart, and as much as he drove her nuts, she couldn't bear the thought of that. "Alright. Where are we going?"

"To the loner lands!" Hades replied excitedly. Senkah felt her heart lurch; she'd never been to the loner lands before. But before she could protest, Hades had already whirled around and called over his shoulder, "Follow me!" Senkah sighed, and bounded after him. She was 9, almost 10 months old now; she could go hunting outside her own territory. They met at the rendezvous, before going their separate ways.

As Senkah was leaving the loner lands, her ears instinctively swiveled as she heard leaves crackling and twigs snapping. A nearly overpowering stench of Darkpack hit her nose, and her fur instantly bristled. It was then that she saw him: A massive, muscular black wolf with icy blue eyes. Their eyes locked perfectly.

(Lemme dig up the chapter we wrote together so I can write Nyx's part. I'll get the next chapter posted either today or tomorrow!!)

Back
Top Bottom