night scope for rifle??

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I have a 250 savage (late 1800's) model ladies' rifle. I love it. It's light-weight and shoots perfectly. However, 99% of the time I need to use it, it's dark out. The coyotes have gotten so brazen that even when shining a spot light on them, they just stand there. However, my scope does not pick up enough light to allow me to shoot in the dark and even with one of us (hubby or myself) holding the spotlight on the coyotes, it's still not bright enough...

Usually, it's about 50-100 yard shot...

Anyone know where I can get a night scope for my gun? Or maybe a laser sight (red dot) thing?

2. TillinWithMyPeeps

TillinWithMyPeeps Waiting for Spring...

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
    I would try checking eBay, or Gunbroker.com

3. Rare Feathers Farm

I looked on eBay but I'm always so cautious buying stuff there...especially "big ticket" items...I'll try the other website you mentioned, too--thanks!

4. likes2grill

likes2grill Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2009
    Lake Butler, Florida
    A good scope will give you plenty of light even with moon light to get a shot off.

5. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

There is a company (of which I can't recall) that makes a lazer that simply clamps onto the trigger guard of ANY gun. It was relatively cheap($75) compared to the others that are $300+ A red dot scope wouldn't do you any good because you still would have to see thru the scope to acquire your target.

6. Rare Feathers Farm

The one we have is older...but works really well (in the daylight). We have no outside lights and frequently, it's cloudy or too dark to see anything without the spotlight.

7. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:Hmmm....yeah....I didn't think of that! [​IMG] LOL These coyotes need to go! There were FIVE of them on Friday night and last night, three (two adults) and one juvenile.

8. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

LaserLyte!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the name of them I think. Look up LaserLyte trigger guard lasers.

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Will do, thank you!

10. Rare Feathers Farm

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by