Nine fresh Silver Appleyard duck eggs available

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by birdieluv, Apr 10, 2008.

1. birdieluv

birdieluv Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    Eureka Springs, AR
    I have nine fresh Silver Appleyard duck eggs available. Fertility has been 100% in my incubator. This is the standard size Appleyard, not the mini. They lay very faithfully! I'll take $28.00 and that includes shipping. I take Paypal only. Email me first before paying to make sure they are still available!

You can see some pics at my website http://poorridgeranch.com/ducks.html .

I wrap them in bubble wrap and double box them!

Terry

2. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Oh, so these are bantams? Are they about the size of a silkie or what? I would love to have them but I have no clue how to hatch a duck egg. Is it much different than chickens. Are they harder to hatch?

Marie

3. birdieluv

Feb 5, 2008
    Eureka Springs, AR
    No, they aren't a bantam duck. They are a really good sized duck!! Nicely tempered and pretty quiet.

It's harder to hatch duck eggs than chicken eggs, though, at least until you try it a few times and work out the bugs.

4. linebacker

linebacker Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2007
    North West Tennessee
    I sent you an email. Your website is truly worth a visit.

Thanks
    Brad

5. spudchild

spudchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    Nashville
    I'm interested, but have a couple questions.

1) Can they free-range?
    2) What do you have to do differently from Chickens for incubation? I have little giant with an egg turner, and I don't want to buy them if that isn't good enough. My chicken hatch rate is about 65-70% for mail order, 90% for eggs by girls lay.

6. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Oh my, I did not go to your website. I only clicked the link and looked at that. You have some nice critters. I want a mini-horse but would not know what to do with it? What can you do with them. Besides breed and sell. You can't really ride them? But boy are they cute. And I want some of your faverolles and your geese and your silkies. I am just going to have to come up there and get some of each, huh?

Great site and lovely animals.

Marie

7. birdieluv

Feb 5, 2008
    Eureka Springs, AR
    Quote:They can free-range if you don't have other critters that will chase and harrass them, i.e., geese! LOL!! I have mine penned up now and they are very happy not to have to run from the other critters. They are kind of slow and "waddley".

I'm trying dry incubation for everything this year. Last year, I peeled almost all my ducklings and goslings out of their shell. I've done pretty good this year so far and not had to peel any out. They are hatching on their own with no help from me. Three days before hatching is expected, I put them in the incubator I set up as a hatcher and THEN put water in it for humidity during their hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by