Nipple Feeders-Do they work?

I had success placing a bit of corn on the red no drip part of the nipple. Did this for about 10 mins continuously, replacing corn as they ate it. Next day removed other water source. Worked like a charm.

Well, they still need a heater, so being outside with electric might be tricky, unless your run is very well protected from the weather.
This is our bucket. You can see the stock tank heater. It is not plugged in yet. This stays here all winter (year). It is protected from wind and most sun. It has worked well in South East Mass.

Attachments

• 1601641512376.png
    1601641512376.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Well, after some consideration I just kinda splurged on a heated HN waterer. After they're done their meds I'll start teaching them, barring more catastrophes of my own making. 🙄

It was the last one in stock so hopefully it works.

Last edited:
Should be level with the chickens back

x2, though I have mine a little higher comparatively (due to height of the bucket the waterer sits on). I put concrete blocks on one side for the chicks to use and it ended up some of the hens liked it too, so I left in the lowest step to give the birds options as far as how high up they want to reach for water.

early9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom