Nipple waterer questions!

JoJo 95

Songster
10 Years
Mar 15, 2009
I'm about to start raising broilers (btw thanks to anybody who gave me either pen advice and advice on raising them). Anyway, are nipples good? Where can I get some good ones? What are some good ways to set them up? Thanks

I found the best deal was from QC supply. I got the screw in type.

x2 on doing a search. You'll find lots of info on the forums.

It depends on how many you are getting. We got just a few as we only have 8 chickens - the best deal was from Neil. If you are getting quite a lot - then one of the other places might be better - check the shipping - that is where they get you if you only get a couple.

I work out the pricing so yhou never pay more for a few of them from me than you do from QC Supply.
If you want hundreds or thousands (and I sell them that way almost daily to my industrial customers) such a deal I can make you!

And I have other stuff available to help build the best possible backyard nipple watering system.
Plus a little bit of experience with nipple drinkers myself. We use them on our hobby farm for chickens and quail.
Then on the working farm we have somewhere between 38 and 40,000 nipple drinkers for the broilers.

I made a couple of nipple drinker bucket and they work awesome. Going into winter though, is there an easy way to keep the bucket and nipples from freezing? It gets darn cold in central MN...

To anyone who has some from qc, are they good? which would be best for using with 2" pvc? do i need drip cups?

Quote:
They seem to work great for me. I think they're the same as the kind you buy anywhere else. Get the screw-in kind for PVC. You don't need drip cups.

Back
Top Bottom