Nite Guard - schematics

ClaytonHowell

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 16, 2011
Martinsville, Indiana
Well I bought a niteguard online after reading about the success of the item on this forum. However at 20USD a pop they are very pricey. We have been losing 2 chickens every other night. I received it today and have never used one but I took it apart and will be providing pictures and a schematic soon.

I doubt you will be able to produce one for much cheaper than the factory in China does but with little change to the design (or price) you could make it run 4 LED's from one box. (run 1 box per pole as there will be one light every 90 degrees) The DIY version could also be easily converted to run off AC power eliminating the need for a battery or solar cell. So if you have other lights that come on dusk till dawn you could put them on the same circuit. That is my plan. I have an energy to mass converter to feed my chickens a little snack (bug zapper.) It is on a dusk till dawn electric eye.

The parts list so far includes:

1- solar cell #2009RUIJIA / HDC6507
1- Battery Ni-MH AA800mAh 1.2v
4- surface mount diodes
4- surface mount resisters
1- IC (presumably a 555)
1- 1uF 50v capacitor
2- 470uF 16v capacitor
2- surface mount transistors (i think)
1- surface mount relay(could also be a transistor)
1- clear cased red LED (no visible nomenclature)

Soon I hope to clear enough of the silica away to read the individual part numbers off of the board and parts to read the stamping/part numbers. I think a nap is in order for my son before I can get much more done.

Back
Top Bottom