Nite Guard Solar predator control light...Has anyone ever used this?

I've been thinking about getting some too. In addition to my traps which do work for opposums and skunks, I thought tthey would help with neighborhood dogs. Thanks for your thread yinepu.

Quote:
I doubt they would work on domestic dogs.. I think one of the reasons why mine DO work so well is that I am way out in the country..so my predators aren't used to flashing lights or anything like a city pred would be used to.. domestic dogs are nosy by nature.. most are pretty much used to all sorts of things.. plus they don't rely on fear as being a survival mechanism like a wild critter would... I know my LGD wasn't impressed with the lights

I hunt at night most critters are color blind I use a red light to shine on the critters I shoot because they do not see the light when it is red this works well for me when I used a white light I did not have as much time to take a shot using the red light they give me all the time I need they just do not see the red light

I installed three this spring and have not had any skunks tearing up the lawn close to the coop.A little ways away they are tearing up the lawn looking for grubs.No coons around that I can see,so hopefully they are working as I have a mother and her 11 babies in the run in a barrel,she is not ready to bring them in the coop yet.

I just have dogs..
smile.png

I can tell you we sell a pile of these solar nite eyes and our reviews are a mixed bag. Some people think they work great and other people say they are a waste of money. To me it seems like it all depends on how hungry your predator is. Is he willing to risk it.

I have one & it didn't do a bit of good, I had a possum get in the pen & kill 4 of my guineas with the thing flashing it's red lights right beside it.

Back
Top Bottom