Nite Guard Solar, your experience with it?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by secuono, May 27, 2011.

1. christineavatar

christineavatar Songster

May 1, 2011
    Bolinas, CA
    I was having a raccoon breaking into my locked up coop. I reinforced it and added the Nite Guard. It attacks stopped.

2. romadfox

romadfox In the Brooder

Apr 25, 2011
    Ridgeway, SC
    Hey Y'all,
    I live in the country and I know there are predators out there, but I don't see them much. I have a pretty secure run and coop, but I also have invested in these Solar Nite eyes to repel predators. Here's a link where you can read more about them. If you decide to order them, tell them you saw their ad in GRIT's Backyard Chickens mag for a discount. http://www.solarniteeyes.com/

3. Yes, I have solar night eyes too,

Also got them from an ad in GRIT which I picked up at TSC.

I have one on every facet of my run. Because they have magnetic backs, I move them easily to different heights and locations on the run. They can be screwed in as well. I imagine that they are something that the predators could get used to after a time.

The solar power is pretty amazing, the photovoltaic sensitivity is great (even turned on one dark cloudy/stormy day.)

Although I'm new to chickens, I live in a rural area...and there are loads of critters here. I haven't had any loss from predation.

It gives me a little peace-of-mind to think that there is another deterrent for predators.

So many people have lost so many birds -- if this helps protect mine--- It is a very easy way to take that step. Helps me sleep soundly at night.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: