NJ - Sussex County Poultry Fanciers Annual Spring Show

Look at post #30. And the first page. And on the paper I e-mailed you.
You need the bird in the cage before 9am.
And it usually wraps up around 3 or 4pm

Awards are the last thing to happen. It mostly depends how many birds are there, and how quickly the judges get done.
When they are done judging a breed, the placing, and notes, if any, are written on the coop tags.
So, if you are lucky, you will see how your bird did early on, if it's a breed to get judged early.
But you can't pick up your ribbon until the end.

I won't have a good idea of the number of entries until the end of next week. They'll have to know then, since they need to set up the cages. When the judging occurs depends on the number of entries, and to a degree, the quality of the winners of the classes and on Champion Row. I've seen judges deliberate for quite awhile over winners.

Unless the show is small, I wouldn't imagine the final judging to be concluded before three. It hasn't been that early in the last several shows.

Sent in my list of eight, down from eleven. And if that rooster doesn't lay off my cochin, it may be down another - because the hen will be ruined or I'll kill that cock!

Set-up for the show is this Saturday, May 12, at the poultry barn. PLEASE stop over and lend a hand for this very important job! The last entry count I got was over 500 birds, and is sure to rise, so every hand is needed!

Last edited:
Don't hold me to it, but every time I go to this show, the sales area is packed with EVERYTHING.
Just get there early enough to make sure you get what you want!

Back
Top Bottom