NJ - Sussex County Poultry Fanciers Annual Spring Show

its going good =] My 14 RIRs Laid their first eggs today
celebrate.gif
You should join the thread

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/534036/southern-ny-dutchess-county-and-below/4510#post_9018208

For southern NY... We were all their at the poultry show =]

Had such a fun time. Sold 30 chicks, won champion Duck,Champion Heavy Duck, Champion standard Duck, Reserve Champion Heavy, Reserve Champion Waterfowl, Champion Waterfowl jr with my Muscovies. Plus i won champion jr AOCCL, Champion AOSB JR, Reserve Champion Feather Leg JR, and best and reserve Medium goose and goose JR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had such a fun time. Sold 30 chicks, won champion Duck,Champion Heavy Duck, Champion standard Duck, Reserve Champion Heavy, Reserve Champion Waterfowl, Champion Waterfowl jr with my Muscovies. Plus i won champion jr AOCCL, Champion AOSB JR, Reserve Champion Feather Leg JR, and best and reserve Medium goose and goose JR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In 2 weeks is the New Jersey State Fair!
It seems that the state is getting a little paperwork crazy about us peeps selling birds there.
So I was wondering....
hu.gif

Since there will be alot of us going there
D.gif

If anyone wanted (OFF THE RECORD) to privately meet up and "pre order" birds.

We could post here what you got, and what you want.
I will be there on August 4, that is the day of the poultry show.

What does everyone think?

In 2 weeks is the New Jersey State Fair!
It seems that the state is getting a little paperwork crazy about us peeps selling birds there.
So I was wondering....
hu.gif

Since there will be alot of us going there
D.gif

If anyone wanted (OFF THE RECORD) to privately meet up and "pre order" birds.

We could post here what you got, and what you want.
I will be there on August 4, that is the day of the poultry show.

What does everyone think?
I think that is a great idea - I have silkie chicks, blue and black...................

OOh, I'm having a hard time finding black!... hmmm...
I have a paint cockerel I may be selling. Parents both from Bren.
I have 2 lavender Orpington cockerels.
And mottled Japanese bantam cockerels.
All cheap, or trade.
Anyone have any Showgirls? Any color.

I will be there and am wanting to buy crested females (polish, brabanter, appen spitz, sultan). And a couple of silkies (Roberta is on this for me aleady, I think). I have 3 dark brahma males (7 wks) I would be happy to give away to a good home.

If it is too hot to leave them in the cars, we could meet up at my house and leave them all there until after the show. Just offering. I live about 30 minutes north of the fairgrounds. Like a mini chickenstock... ;)

Last edited:
Vera has Silkie chicks, around 2 months old.
Mostly splash, and blue. $10 each.
I have a few Orp pullets, and a bantam Cochin pullet, a blue copper Marans pullet.
Yes, I have girls!
I may need to bring the manly van by the time I am done with this.....
gig.gif

Ooh I am very tempted by the blue copper marans!
I should have a few young silkies...a partridge and hopefully a few white from CJ's silkies.
Some orloffs, probably 2 naked neck pullets that I think will be buff, and maybe some other random breeds, they're just from Ideal so not breeder chicks, but I got the surprise special and won't be keeping all...they are just a few days old now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom