No baby rooster skills

SillyBillie

Hatching
Dec 8, 2020
I have a baby rooster not sure what breed not sure how old he is all I know is I don't know how to take care of him he keeps scratching and gnawing at his Fur and feathers I don't have anything to help keep him alive somebody please help me

Attachments

• Screenshots_2020-12-07-13-45-10.png
    Screenshots_2020-12-07-13-45-10.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • 20201207_132338~2.jpg
    20201207_132338~2.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20201207_132535~2.jpg
    20201207_132535~2.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 17
Yes exactly
He is probably just preening. Give him a small dish full of wood ash or soft dirt so he can dust bath in it. That should help. His brooder looks very dirty. Clean it out and put in now shavings, when was the last time you cleaned it? Do you have any other chicks you could put him with? How old is he?

Are you sure he's not just preening himself? I don't see anything that looks concerning. Does he have access to sand or dirt, so he can dust bathe? Do you have other chicks to keep him company?

And Welcome to BYC! So glad you decided to join us! :celebrate
No I'm sorry I don't have anything for him my daughter got him down the road along with another female chicken but she died within an hour of having the chicks I can't find anyone who could take care of him and it breaks my heart seeing him like this because I don't have the know-how to take care of him

He is probably just preening. Give him a small dish full of wood ash or soft dirt so he can dust bath in it. That should help. His brooder looks very dirty. Clean it out and put in now shavings, when was the last time you cleaned it? Do you have any other chicks you could put him with? How old is he?
I don't know my daughter got him down the road along with another female chicken with an hour of having them the female died and I just can't find anybody to take him it breaks my heart it seemed him like this I don't have to know how to take care of him

Back
Top Bottom