No bake 'fruit' cake

Krysstyllanthrox

Songster
11 Years
Jan 27, 2008
Tulsa
This is a holiday tradition in my family. Even though it is called fruitcake, it really isn't. More of a melted marshmallow-cherry-nut-graham cracker thing.

1 pound graham crackers (they are no longer sold in 16oz boxes, it is now 14.something ounces. You can just do the one box but it makes the cake very sticky.)
1 pound marshmallows
1/4 cup milk
1 big jar of cherries
pecans or walnuts, as many as you like for a crunch

Pour the milk over the marshmallows and melt them together in the microwave, one or two minutes at a time and then stir, reheat, etc.

Crush the graham crackers fine.

Chop the nuts.

Drain the cherries, save the juice seperate. Chop the cherries.

Mix the melted marshmallow mixture, graham crackers, nuts, and cherries. Mixture will be very sticky and will take a bit to come together. Add a few tablespoons of cherry juice for flavor. (I add a lot because I like cherries)

Line a cassarole dish with wax or parchment paper. Press sticky mixture into the dish and refridgerate until solid. (a few hours at most)

Eat and enjoy!

Quote:
What size casserole dish do you mean? ceramic pie dish? 9x9 dish? or a 13x9 dish?

The recipe sounds Delicious!
smile.png
I'm interrested in making it
smile.png
Thanks for a quick dessert recipe.
smile.png
& a Dollar Store near me (Dollar Stuff) had small marshmallow bags for 50cents each so I have that on hand
wink.png

Quote:
What size casserole dish do you mean? ceramic pie dish? 9x9 dish? or a 13x9 dish?

The recipe sounds Delicious!
smile.png
I'm interrested in making it
smile.png
Thanks for a quick dessert recipe.
smile.png
& a Dollar Store near me (Dollar Stuff) had small marshmallow bags for 50cents each so I have that on hand
wink.png

9X9 would make for a very thick cake. 13X9 would make for a thinner cake. It is honestly whatever you have on hand and is easiest. I grabbed an oval correll dish last time I made it.

Back
Top Bottom