No Chickens due to HUGE Rat infestation

Aunt Tat

Songster
Dec 8, 2020
Portland, Oregon
Reality has slapped us upside the head. Our brand new dishwasher was destroyed by rats that have camped out under our house. We have neighbors with chickens and have come to the conclusion that it's not in our best interest to continue planning for chickens. It's sad.

Several times this summer, using snap traps, we caught 2 rats at the same time in one trap. We simply can't get rid of them. To be fair, a lot of people in our area have complained about the heavy rat population. So, I figured it would hurt less to unsubscribe for now.

It was a pleasure to meet so many nice/funny/smart people on this site and I hope to rejoin in the future.

Rats has been horrible this year. Everybody has them.

As far as your town, you need to get people together and go to the town, and demand the town to actually do something about the rats. And to get things cleaned up.

As far as with me, I was quickly getting overrun with rats after having chickens for ten years, and this year was a first with the rats. Traps wasn't working AT ALL. My Mom found this rat poison at our local feed store, and it said one bite, and they're dead. I screwed a big piece of that to a board, and left it in one of the rats favorite places. Now I have ZERO rats, and ZERO signs of any. Before, I was seeing them, they were chewing holes into my coop, and leaving big holes. Now there's none of that. Before, I was trying to block the rats holes, but they'd dig around. Now my chickens has buried up the rats holes and NOTHING has redug them.

In my neighborhood, it's been dirty. The filth has called rats and vultures. Do to many complaints, and action being took, neighbors around me are getting kicked out if they don't clean up their place. That will help stop calling anymore of these pests.

Rats has been horrible this year. Everybody has them.

As far as your town, you need to get people together and go to the town, and demand the town to actually do something about the rats. And to get things cleaned up.

As far as with me, I was quickly getting overrun with rats after having chickens for ten years, and this year was a first with the rats. Traps wasn't working AT ALL. My Mom found this rat poison at our local feed store, and it said one bite, and they're dead. I screwed a big piece of that to a board, and left it in one of the rats favorite places. Now I have ZERO rats, and ZERO signs of any. Before, I was seeing them, they were chewing holes into my coop, and leaving big holes. Now there's none of that. Before, I was trying to block the rats holes, but they'd dig around. Now my chickens has buried up the rats holes and NOTHING has redug them.

In my neighborhood, it's been dirty. The filth has called rats and vultures. Do to many complaints, and action being took, neighbors around me are getting kicked out if they don't clean up their place. That will help stop calling anymore of these pests.
"Just One Bite" rat poison is what you're talking about and it works great!

Back
Top Bottom