1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

No color in her comb !?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Farmlife4me, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Farmlife4me

Farmlife4me Out Of The Brooder

Oct 27, 2009
    Old Town, Florida
    My daughters OEGB black pullet's comb is a pale pink color ... she is eating and drinking and acting just fine and her droppings are normal . But her comb is pale ? Does anybody know what this could be . Thanks Oh no other chickens are sick or acting different . She is in a cage by herself also . Thanks again

2. silkydragon

silkydragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2009
    ohio valley
    it just means she is not egglaying age yet it gets darker when they start to lay.....i think

3. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    How old is she? If she's not laying yet, that could be part of the reason. When they get close to laying, their combs will get bigger and redder.

4. Farmlife4me

Farmlife4me Out Of The Brooder

Oct 27, 2009
    Old Town, Florida
    she is only 16wks. (4mths) no eggs ...I hope that is it . thanks again still getting used to all this chicken business . Thanks silkydragon and year of the rooster ... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by