No Crow Collar

Hey everyone I have a rooster 3 months old Andalusian I love him to death and don't want to get rid of him. I bought the no crow collar for him but I'm not sure if I'm getting it on tight enough or if it's hurting him. Has anyone had experience in this area? I really don't want to get rid of him...View attachment 2299737please help!
I'm in the process of trying the collar on my roo. He freaked out the first day doing a lot of back rolling even. The collar was placed very loosely, I double/triple checked -with my four fingers in. Next day (yesterday) we adjusted with the space of two fingers - but his chest hair was messed up as the guy in the video suggested to put lower as possible; so the collar ended up slipping up... Today we didn't tinker, but we should because he still crowed loud but we heard only once. I'll give the process a week or 10 days max. So far I've seen three days is the longest time people tried successfully.
My backup plan to send him to a farm owned by family in 3 weeks. But he is such a good boy. I'd keep him around and live first and foremost.

i have had 3 roosters, i am not supposed to have a rooster but i have a soft spot for roosters, they are bantams but they are still loud. i have found that if the rooster has things to entertain itself with it does not remove the collar or crow as much, free ranging helps as well. if you can comfortably slide a pinky figr in between the collar and his neck that is a perfect fit. :)

Unfortunately, there is a big learning curve and a LOT OF RISK! I just lost my rooster because of the no crow collar. I followed the instructions to the letter and started loose, tightening it a few times over the course of a month or so until it was 'snug on my pinkie' as the instructions stated and then he aspirated and died in front of me a few days after I tightened it. He was fine the day I tightened it and the day after but on the morning of the second day, he died. I'm just heartbroken and feel so terribly, terribly guilty. In retrospect it seems to obvious that this is just not a good idea to constrict any creature's throat. There are several other stories like mine on this forum. I know it works for some, but it's really risky and I'll never use it again. I don't know if I'll ever get over feeling like I killed by rooster.

it's really weird because I have a good friend who lives in a Suburban neighborhood and he has a rooster in his flock and he swears by the no crow collar

Back
Top Bottom