No eggs at 17 weeks

UPDATE...Just came in from checking chickens and WE WIN!!! Found one egg in the middle of 3 nesting boxes I made. I left it in there to see if I could figure out which bird laid it. Also I took a picture of it beside a store bought Grade A Large egg and I would have to call it a medium. Don't believe it is a small. Remember I was raised on a egg farm of 1500 hens. I had to grade every one of those eggs. Hah! Drinkoj, you won't be far behind!! Now what did I do with that watermelon?? P>S> egg shell is very strong and a good "egg" shape!!
WOOT WOOT!
Funny moment yesterday that I'll share since your's laid an egg first. So yesterday my wife went out to open the coop door and checked the 3 nesting boxes which we have 1 golf ball in each nest. When she looked in them she saw 3 white golf balls and a brown egg!
Now what I forgot to tell my wife the night before was that while I was cleaning around the yard I found one of my neighbors practice golf balls buried in the ground behind the run and decided to through it into one of the nesting boxes.
So when I woke up in the morning I asked the Mrs. if we had any eggs, she was not to happy with me as she got excited and then disappointed in the dirty golf ball I added to the nest, thinking it was an brown egg from the ISA Brown.

Let the games begin!! Got my second egg today in the same nest I'm sure by the same bird. 5 of my 6 white leghorns were on the ground and when I opened my coop the 6th one was in the same middle nest and she stood up and revealed the second egg!! I had left the first egg from yesterday in there and this was right beside it and looked to be very similar in size. Yaaay!!

Let the games begin!! Got my second egg today in the same nest I'm sure by the same bird. 5 of my 6 white leghorns were on the ground and when I opened my coop the 6th one was in the same middle nest and she stood up and revealed the second egg!! I had left the first egg from yesterday in there and this was right beside it and looked to be very similar in size. Yaaay!!
Now you're just rubbing it in :lau

I'm getting the chicken songs from all the older girls and they are squatting too. I also noticed they are digging deeper than usual holes in the run to dust bath, could just be a coincidence, but I am having to look inside these holes just in case they lay in there.

Yaaay! Congrats!! I was just going to post somewhere on here that yesterday was the FIRST DAY that I got 6 eggs from ALL SIX whiteleghorns!!! Best part is the size. 5 were large (2 oz. or bigger) and one medium (1.8 oz.) These birds are exactly 22 weeks old to the day! Me proud papa!! Get ready DRINKOJ yours are about to bust loose!! Now I'm waiting out my 3 domoniques. They are 16 weeks right now and will lay brown eggs.

Yaaay! Congrats!! I was just going to post somewhere on here that yesterday was the FIRST DAY that I got 6 eggs from ALL SIX whiteleghorns!!! Best part is the size. 5 were large (2 oz. or bigger) and one medium (1.8 oz.) These birds are exactly 22 weeks old to the day! Me proud papa!! Get ready DRINKOJ yours are about to bust loose!! Now I'm waiting out my 3 domoniques. They are 16 weeks right now and will lay brown eggs.
You're very right, Mrs. found 3 eggs yesterday so I know we have either 2 or 3 laying, and 3 more were bought at the same time. Think it's 1 white leghorn and 2 ISA Brown that are 20+ weeks now.

6 lady's. 2 Barnevelders, 2 golden sex links, and 2 jersey giants all just turned 22 weeks.
Not a single egg yet.
Just put some ceramic eggs in the nest boxes.
Getting antsy

Back
Top Bottom