No eggs at 6 months :(

Yep, still no eggs.... My DH just came from the coop and I just look at him and he shakes his head no..... 5 days till my b-day, there is still hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It took my girls 8+ months. . . and one is almost 9 months and still not laying! I have wyandottes and a RIR. I couldn't believe my RIR didn't lay months ago!

It's amazing how long it can take. Goldie is now up to 6 eggs and the other three still none. LOL
smile.png

Sheri

Quote:

WE GOT OUR FIRST EGGS TODAY!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
The last few days have been an emotionally draining as good friends of ours that attend our church got news during their 9th month of pregnancy with their second baby girl that she was going to be a still born(heartbreaking to say the least!) Anyway, this morning in the midst of getting all of my little ones up and dressed and packed up to go to the Grandparents house for the day so me & Hubby could go to the funeral and be there to support our friends during this horrible time. I was in such a rush and although I usually let my four yr. old(self proclaimed "chicken Farmer"...his words!lol) go out with me to do our morning chickie chores...this morning I told him Mommy will just go out real fast and feed them and come right back in....WELL...little did I know that when I opened the hutch there were going to be two of the most beautiful brown eggs I have ever seen!!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
I think all of these little smilies do a great job of explaining how the rest of this story goes!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
So I excitedly wave my son to come out and see what I found and he was excited beyond words!!!(literally) He climbed in the hutch and got the eggs out himself and put them in his cute little egg basket that he has been saving for this very moment!!! He proudly toted his two eggies to his Grandparents house and was so happy to show them off!!! Who would have known that two little eggs could bring so much excitement and joy to such a sad day!!! The Lord really knows what He's doing b/c I for one was so happy that I got to share in this small everyday wonder with my son! His childlike excitement over one of God's smallest most common creations was a blessing to my heart today and I needed it!(so did Hubby) Here's looking to more eggies tomorrow morning! Today was an awesome reminder to me that we have to find joy in the little things of life and cherish those precious little ones that God gives us because "life is but a vapor that appearth for a little while and then fadeth away" Blessings, Keri

Last edited:
Quote:
AMEN TO THAT SISTER
thumbsup.gif
God is SOO good ..... we are know getting about 2-3 eggs a day praise the LORD...I am so sorry to hear about your friends...we will be praying for them .God Bless

I have some really GREAT NEWS .. Both of the Americanas started to lay eggs this past Saturday
woot.gif
!! Today one of them laid 2 big ole eggs in the box !!!. They were all a very pretty mint green color !!! "chicken egg happy dance"
yippiechickie.gif

I have 2 hens that have been laying eggs almost daily. They are older then the rest of my chickens. I live in Wisconsin and the cold weather is upon us. One of the hens has completely stopped. The other one is still laying almost daily. I have 28 hens and 3 roosters that are 19 weeks old today - buff orps, easter eggers, delawares, and wyandottes. None of them have started laying yet. I have a couple questions. Should I start to put electrolytes in their water now for about a week? I saw that someone suggested artificial light - do I need to do that as well? How many hours of light do they need? I just moved their food containers inside the coop - normally they are outside in the chicken run. BUT since we are starting to get snow I moved it indoors. Now my chickens hardly come out at all. Should I move the feed back outside when it's not snowing? The coop door is open at 7am and closes well after dark at 5:30.

Back
Top Bottom