No eggs at all! Ugh!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by rellikmalinois, Dec 31, 2013.

1. rellikmalinois

rellikmalinois Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2013
    New Hampshire
    Hello everyone.
    I am frustrated, I went from nearly 9 eggs a day to ZERO for about the past month. I have 1 year and a half old Rhode Island Red hen who is molting so I don't expect eggs from her and I have about 9 Golden Comets who are roughly 22months (i was told when i bought them they were 18months) who are not laying at all anymore. Any ideas? Do you think they might be older? Anyway to really tell? Everyone gets the same feed as when they were laying, we do have a new coop but they used it before they stopped laying. I know its cold but i thought the golden comets were good layers even in fridgid temps.

2. brahmabreeder

brahmabreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Are the others molting maybe? Maybe something happened and stressed them out from laying. If you don't have a light in the coop you should add one.

3. rellikmalinois

rellikmalinois Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2013
    New Hampshire
    I will try adding a light. I don't think anything has happened that stressed them, we did get a few new turkeys but everyone coexists with no issues. I'll post some photos

[​IMG]
    My molting Rhode Island, Scarlett.

[​IMG]
    The golden comet hens I don't think appear to be molting

[​IMG]
    Another Golden Comet
    Ignore the buff orps and the mixed black/white chickens they aren't old enough yet to lay.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by