No eggs for a week from a consistent layer

My Easter Eggers were laying 5-7 eggs each a week and I have 5. Zero from them since November 15. Winter hit them hard. I guess I’ll know it’s spring when they start up.

My Easter Eggers were laying 5-7 eggs each a week and I have 5. Zero from them since November 15. Winter hit them hard. I guess I’ll know it’s spring when they start up.

Do you have a light? do you have other breeds? I know they will stop laying during the winter if they don’t have enough light. we have a light on a timer and the three other breeds are laying fine.

We inspected for mites last night. Couldn’t check under her wings because she was fighting so much to get away but neck head and vent all looked clean

Do you have a light? do you have other breeds? I know they will stop laying during the winter if they don’t have enough light. we have a light on a timer and the three other breeds are laying fine.

We inspected for mites last night. Couldn’t check under her wings because she was fighting so much to get away but neck head and vent all looked clean

No light. I think that’s been the issue. Picking up now.

I live in a very hot climate so it’s normal for our hens often stop laying over the summer, then resume when it’s pleasant enough. It doesn’t seem to be detrimental to their health, although I don’t know if it’s good in the long term.
Seeing as you are also experiencing an extreme climate, there’s probably nothing malicious going on. But I’d keep an eye on her for any other symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom