No eggs from a flock treated with Corid

MaddyCox

Hatching
Aug 9, 2022
I have a flock of ten hens that I treated for coccidiosis when they were roughly ten-eleven weeks old. I treated them for two days, waited a week, and then treated them for an additional two days as was recommended, and then I gave them a couple days’ worth of nutridrench after treatment with Corid. They looked and acted healthier, had vibrant feathers and ate and drank normally. Now they are well past the age where they should have begun laying eggs, and not a single one of them has laid an egg. They all look and act perfectly healthy. Good appetites, vocal, and interactive. They should have started laying over a month ago. Did I mess them up somehow with the Corid and nutridrench? Is there anything I can do to spur egg production? I have other hens that are laying normally so I know it isn’t the diet they’re on. And the ten non-laying hens were part of a flock of twenty that I split with a friend and hers are all laying now. Where did I go wrong, and can I fix it?

Chickens lay when they are ready, which is about when you start to loose your mind with waiting. How old are they? What breeds?
They’re four months old. They’re a mix of blue laced Wyandotte, speckled Sussex, welsummer, and cuckoo marans.

I have a flock of ten hens that I treated for coccidiosis when they were roughly ten-eleven weeks old. I treated them for two days, waited a week, and then treated them for an additional two days as was recommended, and then I gave them a couple days’ worth of nutridrench after treatment with Corid. They looked and acted healthier, had vibrant feathers and ate and drank normally. Now they are well past the age where they should have begun laying eggs, and not a single one of them has laid an egg. They all look and act perfectly healthy. Good appetites, vocal, and interactive. They should have started laying over a month ago. Did I mess them up somehow with the Corid and nutridrench? Is there anything I can do to spur egg production? I have other hens that are laying normally so I know it isn’t the diet they’re on. And the ten non-laying hens were part of a flock of twenty that I split with a friend and hers are all laying now. Where did I go wrong, and can I fix it?
Are you sure they had coccidiosis?
4 days worth of Corid may not have cured it. That is not the correct amount of days need to cure it. Exactly how much did you give them each day?

What exactly are you feeding them? What you are feeding them has a major impact in thier egg laying capabilities. What's your weather like? How many birds do you have? What size is your coop? All of these things matter.

Back
Top Bottom