No eggs yet!!! Update

chickie_momma

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 20, 2008
Well my little chickies will be 22 wks on the 6th. Time sure has flown by. Still no eggs though...I know it probally has alot to do with the cold winter-especially since we do not have lights inside the coop. But I am sooo anxious I can barely stand it!!!! Everyone send me some eggie thoughts!!!!

Last edited:
Sending you some magic egg dust and eggie thoughts! I bet they'll start laying any day now. Aren't sex-links supposed to be fairly early layers?

My EEs started laying at about 5.5 months old, last month. Yours ought to be picking up soon. Good luck!

They are supposed to be so Im not sure what the issue is...maybe I counted their age wrong...they hatched 9-2-08....

My EE's hatched 7-12-08, and the first one of them started laying January 7. The first day I got an egg from both of them was January 11. So give yours a bit of time. They'll pick it up pretty soon.

I've never had sex-link females, just packing peanut males, so I can't give any input there. Sorry!

I will try to be more patient!! It is so hard though!!!! I have to go buy them new food tonight though- I made a boo boo.
They are still on grower food and not layer food. So that is probally contributing to their non egg laying selves...

Quote:
I am pretty sure they have that stuff on the controlled substance list. I'm just sayin----

Hope you get eggs soon.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom