1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

No eggs yet!!! Update

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickie_momma, Feb 3, 2009.

1. chickie_momma

chickie_momma Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2008
    Well my little chickies will be 22 wks on the 6th. Time sure has flown by. Still no eggs though...I know it probally has alot to do with the cold winter-especially since we do not have lights inside the coop. But I am sooo anxious I can barely stand it!!!! Everyone send me some eggie thoughts!!!!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  2. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Sending you some magic egg dust and eggie thoughts! I bet they'll start laying any day now. Aren't sex-links supposed to be fairly early layers?

My EEs started laying at about 5.5 months old, last month. Yours ought to be picking up soon. Good luck!

3. chickie_momma

Aug 20, 2008
    They are supposed to be so Im not sure what the issue is...maybe I counted their age wrong...they hatched 9-2-08....

4. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

My sex-links started at 22 and 25 weeks, this was during low light time. Once they got going, though, they consistently lay an egg a day.

5. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    Give them 14 hours of light should help.I'm not sure on golden sex link if they are bred as good as the red for production.

6. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    My EE's hatched 7-12-08, and the first one of them started laying January 7. The first day I got an egg from both of them was January 11. So give yours a bit of time. They'll pick it up pretty soon.

I've never had sex-link females, just packing peanut males, so I can't give any input there. Sorry!

7. chickie_momma

Aug 20, 2008
    I will try to be more patient!! It is so hard though!!!! I have to go buy them new food tonight though- I made a boo boo.
    They are still on grower food and not layer food. So that is probally contributing to their non egg laying selves...

8. chickenfever

chickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    Arizona
    Quote:I think it can make a difference. I got my first egg days after switching to layer feed.

9. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    Quote:I am pretty sure they have that stuff on the controlled substance list. I'm just sayin----

Hope you get eggs soon.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by