No eggs?!

Typically, females will start laying the Spring after their birth (some do start earlier, but I don't think that is typical). So, I wouldn't expect eggs from your girls until Spring.

My girls have always only laid from March until August each year (my girls range in age from 4-6 years old). Just for future reference. Of course Texas is a much different climate than Sweden, so you might see something different with your girls as far as how much they lay each year. ;)
Ok! Thank you so much!

Watch them from a distance when you first let them out in the morning. I think mine cross their little legs to prevent laying in the coop and then sneak off to their hiding spots. They bury the eggs so they are not obvious. I have found hidden nests under shrubs, behind their coop, and in tall grass. It's also possible your Khaki just doesn't lay and your Welsh isn't quite old enough. I have one Khaki hen who has never been good at laying eggs. I am not sure why.
Wow! I thought Khakis were supposed to be the best layers!

Of my 8 female Swedish Blues, hatched the beginning of May, one is laying. Or rather, I'm consistently getting one egg a day. It seems a little weird to me. Why would one lay and the others not? They too are getting lots of drake action. But lots of people told me not to expect eggs until next spring, so I'm happy for even this single daily egg.

Back
Top Bottom