No Eggs

jeanne1

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 5, 2009
My 17 month old Orpingtons are doing it again. In the past week I have gotten 5 eggs out of 14 hens and in the past two days I have gotten zero eggs. This whole summer has been very poor egg production. I thought hens lay very well their first year. I don't know what to do.
sad.png

Maybe they found a better spot to lay in. I would start searching the yard. Can they be molting? Where do you live is it getting cold. Less hour of light? I've been waking my girls up before dawn. I haven't fully worked out the real reasons for hen to stop laying though.

fall is coming and it is molting time... no eggs for a while. also how much light are they getting each day.. if it is dark in the coop you might try a light for a couple extra hours to fake out their schedule.. we let ours go natural.. when it is dark egg laying pretty much stops. it has also been extremely hot here this summer and that can take a toll on egg laying....

We are the same way here in TN. We have 8 hens. All stopped laying when the days went shorter about a week ago and the nights started getting colder. I got 3 eggs today only. Very low on production.

Although I thought maybe its because I just did their first worming about a week ago.....so wasn't sure if it was because of the worming.......
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom