No email notices again

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by kathyinmo, Dec 29, 2012.

1. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I have not been getting email notices the past 2 days. Is there some reason?

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

3. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Yes, I have done that.
    I do receive the email to "verify the change." I also do get email alerts for PMs received. It is only the threads I am subscribed to that I do not get emails for.

That would lead me to believe that my settings on those is wrong. However, I have checked that over and over. [​IMG] I must be missing something.

4. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    I'm not getting them either. I know a few others that aren't either.

5. Nifty-Chicken

6. wwmicasa1

wwmicasa1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2008
    Wingshadows Hacienda
    No emails since yesterday. Changed my email addy & renewed subscriptions to immeditate. Still no notifications.

7. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Same here. I have not received any notifications for the last 24 hours.

8. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    We experienced this many times with forums until moving away from both gmail and yahoo.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I have NOT received email updates of subcribed thread for MONTHS. I've complained before . My favorite subscriptions say "immediate" - makes no difference. I have to check on them many times a day and its a real nuisance - so I end up doing it just for my 2 favorites. Just venting, don't ever expect things to change.

10. Nifty-Chicken

Please look through the suggestions found in this post. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ifications-please-read-and-reply-with-details

Usually when it is just a couple members reporting problems it is a problem with the computer, email account, service provider, etc. We have had a few situations where our system was "stuck" and not sending out emails, but when that happens we usually start getting flooded with reports all at the same time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by