1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

No Hatching

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pheasantfreak, Jun 1, 2011.

1. pheasantfreak

pheasantfreak Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Preston, idaho
    Its day 27 and there has been no hatching i have been incubating pheasants and chuckars candled them and everything was fertile i can see the eggs moving but their not hatching is this normal? I have a still air incubator with an automatic egg turner never dropped the temp. un plugged the egg turner at day 23 and put the eggs on the bottom of the incubator followed instructions to the exact did i do some thing wrong?

2. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    If they're moving I'd say just give them time.

3. epen1234

epen1234 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2011
    I am having the sam problem its day28 ish at 6 for me and nothing has happend im hatching ducks good luck with your eggs i hate waiting!!! [​IMG]:fl

4. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    From what I remember, with ducks (depending on the breed) incubation period can range from 25 to 29 days or so. Not sure on Pheasants and Chukkars... If they're moving I'd just leave them in and hope for the best! You might also ask in the Pheasants and Chukkars section about what their incubation period is [​IMG]

Edited to add: Curiosity got me searching and I found this link for pheasants on another thread (http://www.gbwf.org/pheasants/pheasant_chart.html). Maybe that will help?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Pheasants take longer to hatch than chickens do. usually 24 to 29 days. I have some pheasant eggs in my incubator right now.

6. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    chukars normally show up here 23-24 days

7. pheasantfreak

pheasantfreak Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Preston, idaho
    Their finally hatching i have one chuckar so far but almost all my eggs are moving or cracked i have a pheasant thats about a third of the way out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by