No idea what to do........

Vitamins containing riboflavin (vitamin B2) would be very important to give. Human B complex tablets crushed into food daily would be very economical. A small amount of chopped beef liver, hamburger, salmon, tuna, sesame seeds, certain nuts, mushrooms, plain yogurt, and spinach are all good for riboflavin. Curled toe paralysis or riboflavin deficiency, can cause lameness, and the earlier it is treated, the better the chances for recovery. Unfortunately Mareks disease can cause similar symptoms and reduced immunity to many common diseases, such as cocci.

Thank you. I have a B complex sublingual liquid for humans. How much, how often? I'd administer it orally. I'm afraid of overmedicating her. She's eating very well: almost one whole egg today with shell and 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt mixed in.

Eggcessive - Little off the subject but have seems to be ALOT more Riboflavin Deficiency popping up? Makes me wonder if there's been a change in the feed make up.
I am not an expert, but it may have something to do with many people being more aware of this problem. If parent stock are not getting enough vitamins in their diet, then the chicks can be either hatched with riboflavin deficiency, or more commonly get it in the weeks later. If feed sits on the store shelves or sits in your feed can too long, vitamins can leach out of the feed.

Thank you. I have a B complex sublingual liquid for humans. How much, how often? I'd administer it orally. I'm afraid of overmedicating her. She's eating very well: almost one whole egg today with shell and 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt mixed in.
It is hard to overdose B vitamins since they are water soluble, but if you can cut it in two, that would be good daily.

Back
Top Bottom