1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

No idea.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AnimalsComeFirst, Nov 8, 2011.

1. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Oh my gosh. You have NO idea how hard it is to coat a chickens entire foot in vaseline. My 2 chickens have scaly leg mites... and I think they dislike me very much now. O_O
    Hopefully that, and some powder in their coop will do the trick.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  2. i can just see it now.... slip slidding awaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy [​IMG]

3. Creed Bennett

Creed Bennett Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Western Kentucky
    Did you install wing rails on the ramp going into the chickenhouse? You should if you didn't. You wouldn't want anyone falling down and breaking a hip! Or maybe its a thigh... do chickens have hips?? [​IMG]

4. Of course they do silly!!!! look at the chicken butts thread!!! you can clearly see them 'wide hips' in most of the pictures of the girls!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

5. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Roll them up in an old towel and cover their faces (leaving their legs stick out), and you can do anything you want to them. They will be perfectly still.

Also, mix some Seven Dust powder into that vasceline, to kill those scaly leg mites, as well as suffocating them with the vasceline.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by