No more kiddie pools :(

Okay, going to try again. Hope that other post doesn't magically appear or i will look silly.
tongue.png

i did just check online with Walmart, and they aren't showing the pools. Wonder where all those pools go in the winter? Is there a secret warehouse somewhere filled to the brim with kiddie pools?

i did check on stock tanks and some of them are hundreds. Yikes! But wouldn't hurt to hit the feed store and see what they have and how much. i think it would help to have a visual. Ditto on the cement mixing bins. i have a friend who uses them for his East Indie ducks. i have standard size ducks, so they may be too small, but certainly worth looking at.

My husband had suggested a flexible pond liner, digging a hole, etc. My concern was how to drain it. But if we were to use those timbers to build a frame then use it above ground, a drain would work if the liner was thick enough to hold it without tearing.

My husband also suggested a bathtub. That might be something we could find on craigslist.
smile.png

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion. Looks like they only have either the snapset or inflatable side kind. i was hoping to find the one-piece molded plastic kind. They are all over the place in the Spring, but all gone now. Come next season, i'm buying about 10 of 'em. Then i can sell them in the Winter and make mega-bucks!

I got a HUGE metal stock tank on craigslist for $50. Look in the farm section.

Of course, I need a better pump and filter for it so the ducks are using a kiddie pool
tongue.png

Also check whatever farmer type newspapers/advertising/auctions you have in your area. We get the Messenger out here and not long ago someone was advertising a huge stock waterer free to anyone who could haul it off their property.

Back
Top Bottom