No more kiddie pools :(

This is a HUGE deal for me and my bf too...

Did you know FANS are seasonal as well as pools? We live in freekin San Diego where it's 90 degrees at Christmas, and no one sells any freekin fans. Except during "summer". It's summer ALL YEAR LONG HERE!

I had the same problem when I went to buy my pool for my chickens, I ended up paying twice as much for a small one because I waited like a week too long.
sad.png
Now I just have to wait for next "summer".

You might want to be careful with the flexible liner, it is easily punctured. Not like wet paper, but I think raccoons have put a few holes in my new pond, climbing out of it.

Imp

Have you considered one of the old solid satellite dishes. They had some that were like 10-12' and about 2' deep in the middle. I have one and know that it would be easy to put a drain in. You may be able to find one for free or cheap.

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion. Looks like they only have either the snapset or inflatable side kind. i was hoping to find the one-piece molded plastic kind. They are all over the place in the Spring, but all gone now. Come next season, i'm buying about 10 of 'em. Then i can sell them in the Winter and make mega-bucks!

that what we used for my daughter swin pool but we put on swinning pool filter and we install a drain in the bottom off it to we add metal pole to the side of it too.

If you decide to build 1 with a pool liner don't use railroad cross ties. They are usually infested with some japanese bug that you can't exterminate and it will eat any and all wood on your property. We were warned about them this year (were going to build a water retaining wall with them).

Quote:
i had this issue last year when i got my ducks. i rescued mine from a swap meet oct 20th.. ya NO POOLS ANYWHERE (that gave me leeway to keep them inside hahaha)

Stores may no longer have the kiddie pools in stock, but they certainly can order them. The customer service may be hard to deal with, because many of those items come in quantities and they are forced to shop like that. This means they don't know what to do the extras. It will be easier if you are willing to take a lot size. Get your friends together an do the order. General Foam Plastics Corporation makes the ones found at Walmart. http://www.genfoam.com/
They
do not sell to the public, but they may be able to provide you with a list of retailers that carry them in your area. On the other hand they may sell to you, if you take the box quantity. The large one comes in a 12 pack. Worse a try.

I got a rigid shaped plastic pond liner (about 6 feet by 4 feet in size) off a seller on ebay. I had to drive an hour to collect it but it was about a 3rd of the price new and was in good condition. I could not find kiddy pools even during the summer here in the UK. Seems shops stop selling summer goods by July, moving into Christmas!

Thanks, Katharina. i'll call them on Monday and see who they do sell to in the area. Never thought about asking a store to special order them. Might be worth it to buy a quantity. i'm sure i could sell the extras on craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom