No more local bulletin boards, anyone else notice same?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mudhen, Jan 14, 2009.

1. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    I was going to go around and post notices for pottery classes I offer in my studio, and was surprised to see that all the places I had seen with local information bulletin boards have taken them down.
    My post office, the supermarket, even the library. What gives? Is this some new trend or just something in my area?
    I asked at each place and was told "They took it down (to repaint/remodel) and don't know why they never put it back up."

One or two places, OK, coincidence. But the whole town? Weird.....

Anywhere esle?

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    I havent noticed it, but since you said that I dont remember seeing them. Ill have to look to be sure. I know our local Co-ops still have them.

3. Sunny the Hippie Chick

Sunny the Hippie Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Brookings Oregon
    I noticed about half of them in town dissapeared.. Then half of the missing ones returned. But that makes less in town.. I thought it was weird too.. I wonder if it is because people are using the internet more. Or they dont want all the ads to clutter up their store area.. I dont know????

4. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    It just seems so weird.
    I forgot to mention that the two of the churches I visited and the County Community Center don't have one either.
    [​IMG]

5. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I still see them around the places I go. I notice because I keep meaning to get business cards to put up!

The library doesn't have one, but the local PO, feed store, and bank do...

6. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

That is strange, and sad in a way. We have ours all over the place, but I remember where we lived before in Central Ca I never saw any. Odd.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by