No movement from duck egg in 3 days - egg now 27 days old!!

I have been incubating a single egg since the 5th of this month, i diddnt expect anything thing to come of it but after candling it at around a week old, to my suprise - a tiny chick was in there kicking away with blood vessels and all the rest - i will admit i cried upon seeing this and since ive known its alive, i have worried about it like im an expentant mother!

Its now on its 27th day (i originally thought it was a chicken egg, but since its upto day 27, im assuiming its a duck egg or some other bird?) but there is no movement or chirping whatsoever - i candled him last night just to see if there had been any progress and growth since i last candled him a week ago, and sure as ever it had grown much bigger, turned to the wider part of the egg where the air cell is and had no blood vessels visable anymore. The air sack had changed shape too (before it went straight across, but now it tilts down slightly and has a darker patch on top of it, almost like a shadow, im not sure if this is a sign the air cell has been broken into?). Around the chick itself i can see tiny little specs which look almost like bubbles or small air pockets gathering also.

I have had the temp exactly as it should be, the past few days i have been spraying the egg lightly with luke warm water also as instructed.

Is there a chance ive lost it? I know i must be patient but i assumed id see at least a little bit of movement at this stage. /img/smilies/sad.png

Thank you in advance.

I'm in a very similar situation! I'm curious- did your egg hatch, Jo1313?

Back
Top Bottom