No movement in eggs that had swimmers just yesterday :(

undergroundchickens

Songster
9 Years
Apr 13, 2010
Utah
I just got done candling my eggs and am ready to cry!
hit.gif
The 6 eggs I have left all had moving embryos last night but tonight only three are moving (only one blue egg left). Does this mean they are dead? They are only on day 9. What could have caused this to happen? I have the brinsea eco and temps and humidity have been spot on. I rotate them 3 times a day quickly so they don't catch a chill. I candled last night with hardly any touching and also quickly to avoid any cooling. Am I just doomed to not have any true blue egg layers? How depressing!
hit.gif

Sometimes I see mine swimming and sometimes I don't, but hatch rates have been around 90% so don't go tossing the quiet ones just yet. Candle in another week and see if the egg has filled up with chick.

Sorry. I jumped the gun on that one. I decided if they were dead then a more thorough candling couldn't hurt them so I went and tried again (this time much more hands on). With a slight rolling of the eggs they all started swimming around. Guess they were asleep the first time because I didn't handle the egg and wake them up. I still have six eggs that are swimming.
wee.gif

Sorry....first time attempt at a hatch and am a bit obsessed with it all.
hide.gif

Last edited:
No need to apologize, I think we've all been freaked out by something that we later realize wasn't much of a problem the first time we incubate eggs. It can be a bit intimidating, especially if you've done your research and know how many things can go wrong. Most of the time things go pretty well though and byc is always here for help when they don't so just keep doing the best you can and remember to enjoy the process..........And don't forget to post pictures of your little fuzzy butts when they hatch.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom