no movement

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sherris Backyard Beauties, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Sherris Backyard Beauties

Sherris Backyard Beauties Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2007
    Fort Pierce, Florida
    I have 11 eggs in the bator that are due to hatch on the 21'st. I cannot see any movement, just black blobs in the middle. Is this normal? I have never seen movement in any of them since the beginning either. They are black Australorps. This is also my first real attempt to hatch eggs, my light turns on around 98.8 and goes off at about 100.8, humidity stays between 42% and 66%. The hardest part is regulating the humidity. I'm using a homeade cooler bator. I used MissPrissy's ideas and designed one like hers.

2. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    I dont see movement in mine unless I candle at day 7ish. Otherwise, it is usually a black blob. Occasionally, if I stare at it long enough I can see a tiny shadow move but sometimes I am sure nothing is progressing and it hatches. Keep the faith! [​IMG]

3. Sherris Backyard Beauties

Sep 1, 2007
    Fort Pierce, Florida
    I don't candle them too long because I don't want the temperature to drop too much. Maybe I'm just not waiting long enough to see movement. I candle about 10 seconds per egg. I hope something hatches.

4. GAhen

GAhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Carrollton GA
    My first hatch is due on the 20th......Best wishes to you

5. Sherris Backyard Beauties

Sep 1, 2007
    Fort Pierce, Florida
    Best wishes to you too! I have to get at least 1 little fuzzy butt, My hubby thinks I'm nuts and nothings going to hatch. I have to prove him wrong!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by