No no no no no!!! We did not just see that!

Quote:
Our cows are down in the river bottoms. We used to have more problems with coyotes but lately it's been with mountain lions instead.
roll.png

OMG
ep.gif

Bears are being spotted more often in CT too. There's only one spotting listed on the DEP's sight for my town but we saw evidence on a trail that suggested there had been near. Sure enough two days later someone reported seeing one on that trail! We've got bobcats. No mountain lions or wolves that I'm aware of. If anything the sighting of this coyote has given us an awareness and respect for the wildlife around us. We haven't ever assumed we were immune from predators. Fences and dogs can deter but not prevent. We'll be a little more cautious than we had been from this point on!

We are close to the Mississippi river bottoms and have bears. Its one reason I have to take the garbage out the day OF pick up and not try to cheat and take it out the night before!
We have a lot of wildlife here.

Speaking of coyotes, I was in the mountain preserve just 3.5 miles north of my place and saw a pair of coyotes yesterday. They were not at all afraid of me. It was like, "Oh yeah, there is another one of those human hikers" I whistled at them and they just sat there and stared at me. I wondered for a minute if they weren't sizing me up to see if they thought they could take me, then they just got up and walked down a draw on the mountain.

I live amongst lots of farms,acres and acres of crops and I have seen 3 coyotes. IN the winter I see their tracks all the time.The neighbor said someone had spotted a cougar too! We hear the yotes alot too.My backyard has a 6ft.cyclone fence around it.The dogs partrol all the time.Anything that somehow gets in the fence does not live long.The little female and male usually tag team cats wood chucks rabbits squirrels etc.THe chickens are then in another enclosed pen inside the outer perimeter that the dogs patrol and get locked in the barn at nite which is inside the barn behind another fenced in enclosure.I have 5 dogs german shepherd and malinois.NOt too much goes unnoticed with their big ears and noses!!I live in mid michigan st.john's.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom