No Ordinance. Still told to get rid of them! MICH.

Meeting tonight! I'll update as soon as I get home. They were planning on working on wording. Let's hope they have moved forward and haven't decided to back out of this idea....

Just looked, this thread has now been going for two months. We wouldn't want them to rush into anything, would we?
roll.png

Just looked, this thread has now been going for two months. We wouldn't want them to rush into anything, would we?
roll.png

LOL! And continue we will....
They have most all the wording, but for fence structure outside of the run. This came up as I explained the benefits of ranging.
So on to next months meeting. Aug. 1st. And we'll see where it goes from there.
4 Chickens (no roosters), coop must be 10 ft. from property lines, permission from 75% of adjacent neighbors, food stored in rodent proof containers, no selling of eggs or manure.

LOL! And continue we will....
They have most all the wording, but for fence structure outside of the run. This came up as I explained the benefits of ranging.
So on to next months meeting. Aug. 1st. And we'll see where it goes from there.
4 Chickens (no roosters), coop must be 10 ft. from property lines, permission from 75% of adjacent neighbors, food stored in rodent proof containers, no selling of eggs or manure.
does that mean if one of your permission-granting neighbors sells their house to a non-permission new buyer, that you have to get rid of your chickens?
might want something in there about grandfathering in existing situations providing other conditions are met (housing, feed storage, etc.)

Do not let them put in permission needed from neighbors unless this is standard for allowing dogs, cats etc

Back
Top Bottom