No pipping day 29

She looks good
The membrane doesn’t look shrink wrapped
I would give her plenty of time to absorb the yolk.
You are doing great !
Thanks I’m a little concerned she has a blood vessel right across her face all I can do it watch and wait. She keeps pushing on it though 😟
How's the baby?
4 are all doing fine 2 hrly moisting, cheaping and chirping, just leaving them now to do their thing! One is upside down, made a safety hole where the bruise is, will give 24 hrs and assist if necessary to get beak out x

Attachments

• D7E6D64E-C2ED-480F-8A9A-C662C5EFF444.jpeg
    D7E6D64E-C2ED-480F-8A9A-C662C5EFF444.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 6AA3CE06-9732-4866-AC1E-5A775D249039.jpeg
    6AA3CE06-9732-4866-AC1E-5A775D249039.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 14
So all babies have beaks protruding now, I am no longer assisting in any way other than to wet membrane every couple of hrs. 4 of 5 still have very prominent red veins…… as long as they are moving and chirping I will leave alone. At what stage will I know if they require any further assistance!?

So all babies have beaks protruding now, I am no longer assisting in any way other than to wet membrane every couple of hrs. 4 of 5 still have very prominent red veins…… as long as they are moving and chirping I will leave alone. At what stage will I know if they require any further assistance!?
They are all breathing and have plenty of access to fresh air but you have to wait until those veins are gone then you might be able to start picking.

You said that the shells were very hard. That may be why they couldn't do it on their own but as long as they all have their little bills out and can get air best to leave them be until they finish absorbing.

They are all breathing and have plenty of access to fresh air but you have to wait until those veins are gone then you might be able to start picking.

You said that the shells were very hard. That may be why they couldn't do it on their own but as long as they all have their little bills out and can get air best to leave them be until they finish absorbing.
So the first on I assisted broke free today, first a wing then it’s head and neck unfolded and within 10 minutes it kicked out. However it was laying on the bottom of incubator and I noticed a bulbous area near it’s bottom, assuming it’s the yolk I’ve popped little one in a cup so it has time to recover, there seemed to be a lot of blood though, can I stem this!? On checking his shell there’s a blood spot and lots of gunge maybe a poo …. What should I do? Just let nature take its course!? Put him back in shell? I think he may get infected if I do!?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom