No pipping day 29

Does this one need help peeping a lot and foot and wing now covering head he is pushing but not getting anywhere!? I don’t want him to suffocate!? My other baby has fluffed but still sleepy and can’t lift head yet
if there are no veins showing you can pick very gently at the shell in the direction of his head. Just take of tiny pieces and then stop. See if there is any bleeding, if not pick a tiny bit more.

Does this one need help peeping a lot and foot and wing now covering head he is pushing but not getting anywhere!? I don’t want him to suffocate!? My other baby has fluffed but still sleepy and can’t lift head yet
Also i have one who’s wing has hatched and is over face foot above head!?
if there are no veins showing you can pick very gently at the shell in the direction of his head. Just take of tiny pieces and then stop. See if there is any bleeding, if not pick a tiny bit more.
thanks Donna, I’m going to leave them be a little longer, alarm set every 2 hrs to assist keeping membrane moist and will help if any in distress . Can I ask you another question please. My duck that hatched earlier has fluffed and is ok but can’t get up. One of its legs is wonky and baby just can’t sit up, it’s laying on its side still getting tired though can I help it in anyway !? Chirping and moving its head just can’t right itself!

Attachments

• 3FC5A8BE-C651-42C6-957F-15146F3F4A59.jpeg
    3FC5A8BE-C651-42C6-957F-15146F3F4A59.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 12
Also i have one who’s wing has hatched and is over face foot above head!?

thanks Donna, I’m going to leave them be a little longer, alarm set every 2 hrs to assist keeping membrane moist and will help if any in distress . Can I ask you another question please. My duck that hatched earlier has fluffed and is ok but can’t get up. One of its legs is wonky and baby just can’t sit up, it’s laying on its side still getting tired though can I help it in anyway !? Chirping and moving its head just can’t right itself!
that's ok, he's had a hard day so let him rest. Make sure he is warm but water and food is not needed today. Also, if you have a little mirror that you can put in the brooder with him or even a little stuffed animal he will like that and not feel alone.

I did have to fully hatch my baby that had a good over its head. He to couldn’t tune to push out on his own. As long as there is veins he will be fine to stay in there to finish the aborning
One way to help with that goo stuff is gently turn a Qtip between baby and membrane. Not hard and not fast. I was able to get it away from baby so she wasn’t stuck.
Only go in a little as you remove more shell you can go in a bit more each time.
Try to only pick a little piece of shell at a time and wait hours between giving baby more time
You are doing great !!!
I had all these same issues my first hatch
You will gain so much knowledge and confidence each one you do
:goodpost:

I can still see some veins
How long has it been since he first internal pipped ?
Baby will make noise and push that’s normal
I agree with Donna a little over his head area check for veins
Once that little head comes out baby will push if he is ready or not. You should be able to see if there is a yolk still once head comes out. If you see yolk put the egg upright in a little cup or bowl to prevent baby from pushing out to early.
If you don’t see a yolk then lay it on its side and Baby will do the rest.
Most babies after hatch take up to 24 hours to be up running around
He can stay in the incubator if he isn’t up moving yet
They babies will talk to each other and encourage one another to hatch as well
How long has it been since baby 1 that isn’t up moving hatched ?
Mine would flip and flop trying to stand but couldn’t at first then all of a sudden they were up on their feet
I wouldn’t take a baby out of the incubator till they are up and can move on their own in case they get away from the heat and can’t get back to it in a brooder

I can still see some veins
How long has it been since he first internal pipped ?
Baby will make noise and push that’s normal
I agree with Donna a little over his head area check for veins
Once that little head comes out baby will push if he is ready or not. You should be able to see if there is a yolk still once head comes out. If you see yolk put the egg upright in a little cup or bowl to prevent baby from pushing out to early.
If you don’t see a yolk then lay it on its side and Baby will do the rest.
Most babies after hatch take up to 24 hours to be up running around
He can stay in the incubator if he isn’t up moving yet
They babies will talk to each other and encourage one another to hatch as well
How long has it been since baby 1 that isn’t up moving hatched ?
Mine would flip and flop trying to stand but couldn’t at first then all of a sudden they were up on their feet
I wouldn’t take a baby out of the incubator till they are up and can move on their own in case they get away from the heat and can’t get back to it in a brooder
He is in the incubator still, i had 4 eggs internally pip Saturday morning, Sunday afternoon no external pip so I popped in Safety holes then everything seemed to escalate membrane was dry and white and encasing the chick so I peeled a little shell and had been moistening every 2 hrs, dept alarm through night etc. unfortunately 3 of my ducks have now Partially hatched wing first flapping out shell then head in middle with foot over head…. My boy who pipped wrong end is thriving but not ready to come out yet. The baby ducky That is out has a bent leg, she’s trying desperately to right herself but the bent leg just flails and she head it’s the floor 😟🥺

Attachments

• 2EC95A43-7B60-45C6-9D35-0AF52946E566.jpeg
    2EC95A43-7B60-45C6-9D35-0AF52946E566.jpeg
    484.8 KB · Views: 12
* update 2 more hatched in the night one at 3am and one at 5am I’ve checked and they absorbed well. 2 further this morning at 7am (an hr ago) I’ve popped them back in shell as had kicked out but still attached I’ve cupped them and will give them a few hrs to abosorb and perk up….. duck number 1 who bled and couldn’t walk has done well over night, she’s hobbling and dragging and totally wobbly but super cute and doing real good!

Back
Top Bottom