No pipping day 29

Pics
* update 2 more hatched in the night one at 3am and one at 5am I’ve checked and they absorbed well. 2 further this morning at 7am (an hr ago) I’ve popped them back in shell as had kicked out but still attached I’ve cupped them and will give them a few hrs to abosorb and perk up….. duck number 1 who bled and couldn’t walk has done well over night, she’s hobbling and dragging and totally wobbly but super cute and doing real good!
:wee

Congratulations!! we look forward to pictures.
Will get some more when I transfer to their homemade brooder x baby cup duck has been in there for 4 hrs now, still got yolk to absorb its about the size of an m&m she’s snuggled up now but every so often she perks up looks around cheeps madly and then snuggled back in

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 9
Will get some more when I transfer to their homemade brooder x baby cup duck has been in there for 4 hrs now, still got yolk to absorb its about the size of an m&m she’s snuggled up now but every so often she perks up looks around cheeps madly and then snuggled back in
Thank you for the updates :).
They are beautiful
You did great with these assisted hatches !!

Thank you for the updates :).
They are beautiful
You did great with these assisted hatches !!
Ah thanks! My last baby is struggling to fluff and although the yolk is totally absorbed now it has quite a bloody ambilical cord still protruding and attached to a gory bloody mess stuck to the dried shrivelled membrane. I have removed the water from the incubator to try and reduce humidity in the hope baby will fluff and the left over stuff dries up and detatches. Is that the right thing to do!? !

Ah thanks! My last baby is struggling to fluff and although the yolk is totally absorbed now it has quite a bloody ambilical cord still protruding and attached to a gory bloody mess stuck to the dried shrivelled membrane. I have removed the water from the incubator to try and reduce humidity in the hope baby will fluff and the left over stuff dries up and detatches. Is that the right thing to do!? !
If his cord is long you can clip it an inch or so away from baby’s belly. This should help so he isn’t dragging it behind him.

If his cord is long you can clip it an inch or so away from baby’s belly. This should help so he isn’t dragging it behind him.
I agree. You should be fine clipping it. It will dry up rather quickly.

As soon as my babies are born I wait maybe an hour or so at the most and then put them in the brooder. I know most say to leave them in the incubator for 24 hours but I've never done that and they've all been just fine. They dry off much faster when they are out of the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom