No see chicken hood?

Weeg

Enabler
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
I was wondering if it would be possible, to make a hood for a chicken, like a hawk, so that they couldn't see what was happening, if you had to that them for anything. It would be a lot better then using a towel because then you wouldn't have to wrap up half her bodies! I was thinking it would be like a sock, but have a slit across the whole head for the comb so the comb could stick out no matter the comb size. Then, you wouldn't connect it under the chin, and it would have tie, so you can tie it under the the chin. Any design ideas? Thanks in advance!

I was wondering if it would be possible, to make a hood for a chicken, like a hawk, so that they couldn't see what was happening, if you had to that them for anything. It would be a lot better then using a towel because then you wouldn't have to wrap up half her bodies! I was thinking it would be like a sock, but have a slit across the whole head for the comb so the comb could stick out no matter the comb size. Then, you wouldn't connect it under the chin, and it would have tie, so you can tie it under the the chin. Any design ideas? Thanks in advance!
I'm sure if you look up falconer hoods, the same pattern would work for birds

That is perfect!

Yes, I would have to make small ones and large ones for different breeds. I am totally gonna try this idea! I want to sell them too, maybe, if people will buy them.
I would think about using leather too. Or at least pleather. It's stiffer and won't feel as smothering to the bird since it won't wilt on them

Back
Top Bottom