no shell?

chickenbottom

Songster
11 Years
Dec 30, 2008
hollister, florida
my frizzled cochin is hatching since yesterday and it somehow has gotten every bit of shell off of it and left with that i guess it would be the membrane or something its that white part underneath the shell and its barley moving could it be not breathing from having no air pocket its still under my broody. i just dont know what to do.

Wow... had no idea that could happen. Did you help it at all? Any pip - as in, any holes so he is breathing the air outside the egg? Make sure it all stays moist. Is the membrane dry?

~Cherlyn

i did not help it at all i was checking my broody and her eggs to see if the others have pipped their eggs. and it had pipped the egg yesterday on day 19. it was a bit dry when i found it like that and now im keeping it moist. and im not sure if he has a hole or not he made one when the shell was on but now that there is no shell i have no clue really

Quote:
Wow - maybe the broody did it. How bizarre! Well, yep, keep it moist constantly. How is its' movement/breathing? Can you see any little tears in the membrane?

~Cherlyn

Quote:
Wow - maybe the broody did it. How bizarre! Well, yep, keep it moist constantly. How is its' movement/breathing? Can you see any little tears in the membrane?

~Cherlyn

i was thinking maybe she stepped on it. the moving and breathing its not moving at all i dont know if its breathing.and yes there is a rip in it which i did on accident but there is no blood and it still has a slimy coat around it under the membrane. i hope its not dead or not breathing

If you see no movement whatsoever, then I am sorry... that is not good. As there is no blood when the membrane tears, at this point you may want to pull the membrane back a bit more to allow more air for him to breathe. Make sure to keep him moist.

Best of luck!

~Cherlyn

Quote:
its dead
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom