NO silkie eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Hennyhandler, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Hennyhandler

Hennyhandler SilkieJax

Jun 10, 2009
    Cullman
    I have had this silkie for around 4 months and I was told she was born in November of last year. She is getting pretty close to a year old and there is NO eggs! I have heard of some Silkies that will never lay and I am starting to wonder if she may not be one of those. I know that she is not broody and there isn't any stressful situations that she is dealing with so what in the world could it be?

I had heard that even though some silkies will never lay they will still go broody. Is this something I would just have to test out or...?

2. bgelber

bgelber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    Athens, al
    My silkie used to lay, key word there is used. For the past year she has been broody non stop.

3. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    I thought my silkies were not laying until I started digging around in the hay. They refuse to use the nest boxes and bury their eggs. Silly girls.

4. Hennyhandler

Hennyhandler SilkieJax

Jun 10, 2009
    Cullman
    They BURY them! Well, I might need to get out there and look THROUGH the hay and not just on top. If I find eggs in there I swear all of ya'll are going to hear me. I'll be out there [​IMG]

5. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I have one that won't do either!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by