No Tylan?!

Anyone know why Tylan is suddenly impossible to find anywhere? What is a substitute for it?
Tylan50 injectable has been hard to find for several weeks, if you find Tylan200 that can be used, we will help you with dosing.

You can also see if you can find Tylosin (powder) online and use that instead.
https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/

What are you trying to treat? Do you have sick birds? Tylosin is usually effective in treating symptoms of Mycoplasma but if you are dealing with another disease, then a different antibiotic may be needed depending on what it is. Seeking vet care and getting testing is best if that's an option for you.

allivet said Liquamycin La-200 100 ml was a good substitute, even the Tylan 200 is on back order for some reason they have been out of it for months now

Tylan50 injectable has been hard to find for several weeks, if you find Tylan200 that can be used, we will help you with dosing.
Yeah I'm 99% sure it's mycoplasma.
You can also see if you can find Tylosin (powder) online and use that instead.
https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/

What are you trying to treat? Do you have sick birds? Tylosin is usually effective in treating symptoms of Mycoplasma but if you are dealing with another disease, then a different antibiotic may be needed depending on what it is. Seeking vet care and getting testing is best if that's an option for you.

La-200 is oxytetracycline and will treat CRD aka Mycoplasma Gallisepticum (MG.)
It will also treat Mycoplasma Synoviae (MS) and a host of other bacterial diseases.
However, you need to know what respiratory disease(s) you're dealing with in your birds in order to use the correct medication. For example; tylan and La-200 are ineffective treating Coryza and Infectious Bronchitis (IB) as well as Infectious Laryngotracheitis (ILT,) not to mention fungal problems such as Aspergillosis.

It's possible birds might have 2 or more of these diseases at once. IB and ILT are viruses and antibiotics will be ineffective. Coryza requires 2 antibiotics in order to treat it, a sulfa drug and another antibiotic.
For these reasons it's best to have the sickest bird in a flock tested for whatever disease(s) they may have, then treat accordingly or cull.

Tylan 50 is likely going prescription only, from what I've heard. It could be unavailable because they have to change the label. I have had good luck sourcing Russian Tylan 50 on ebay. The next best is probably LA 200, but it's less specific for the respiratory illnesses even though they both list pneumonia and respiratory illness as examples of what they treat. What I have been missing terribly is Sulmet, which is what I would have used in the past along with Tylan 50 if a bird was terribly sick. Sulmet and the generics of it are Rx only now. Denaguard is a good thing to use as a preventative and I've heard that it complements Tylan if there is sickness that is resistant. I have not found secondary confirmation of that so do your own research. The thing is that Tylan may go away and so we have to prevent these things with Denaguard at the drench dose monthly and try to figure out what else to use...or get the Russian stuff on ebay as long as they allow the sale of it. Ebay has shut down quite a bit of medication sales, so I wouldn't count on it for the long run. LA 200 is available from many outlets and possibly at Tractor Supply along with needles.

The good thing about Denagard is that there isnt any resistance, like eventual resistance to Tylan. Nor is there an egg withdrawal period. There is a 3 day slaughter withdrawal period. No script required and is available.

Back
Top Bottom