no visible air sac

My bantam eggs did great with high humidity. The batch I have in thr incubator now I am trying to keep around 30%. I add just a tad of water if it dips down below that but it isn't going over 35%. I'm hoping for a munch better outcome. The batch I have in the incubator now our jubilee orpingtons. :-(

My bantam eggs did great with high humidity. The batch I have in thr incubator now I am trying to keep around 30%. I add just a tad of water if it dips down below that but it isn't going over 35%. I'm hoping for a munch better outcome. The batch I have in the incubator now our jubilee orpingtons. :-(
That's the way my fall hatch went. I didn't need to add any water and it averaged 40%. I've tested my bator for this hatch I'm setting for in a week and sure enough with the lower humidity and the pellet stove, it's so dry in here that I am going to have to fill the wells to keep it around 30%- but I also have my vent plugs out for the entire incubation too.

You have plenty of time yet to average things out. Just lower the humidity, maybe even run dry for a day or two. If the bator will hold a range above 25% w/no water, I'd run dry for the remainder of the hatch as long as the cells don't start getting too large. By lowering the humidity or running dry this should let enough moisture out for the air cells to catch up to the developement of the chick. Good job monitoring the cells and catching it when it can be helped.

Personally I think 55% is too high during the first 17 days. I run dry unless it's below 25% then I try to get it averaged about 30%.
Thanks for the advice, I will do that.
bow.gif

Air sacks marked in sharpie, day 14. Are they still too small?

It's hard to see, but if you click on the image you might be able to read the descriptions of the numbers a little better.

I am using a forced air incubator with an automatic turner that tilts the eggs every two hours, and the temperature is in Celsius, not Fahrenheit.

Last edited:
It's kind of hard to judge from a top view. (At least for me.) It just looks like circles. A side view of a couple of them would give a better idea of the size.

Back
Top Bottom