noisy Narragansett poults

fiberdrunk

Songster
12 Years
Mar 6, 2011
I'm new to raising poultry. Last March we hatched Ameraucana and Ameraucana-Turken chickens in an incubator (11 of 12 hatched fine). In April we bought a pair of one-day old Narragansett poults. We've learned so much. The chickens are all comfortable outside in their coop/run by now, and the turkeys we have inside with us in their brooder. I had read the turkeys get lonely, but wow, when we leave the house, they peep loudly for us to come back. Night time gets to be a problem, too. They peep for us all night. I did find one partial solution. I play the local classical music station for them at night. This works as long as the rest of the house is quiet (if there's a TV on in the other room, they don't buy it!)

Anyway, I was curious if others have had a similar experience with their turkeys. I hope they won't be so lonely once they're large enough to join the chickens.

I don't think it matters how many friends they have. They will be noisy at times.
smile.png
I can't believe you keep them in the house!!
big_smile.png

I keep my brooder in the garage and play country music for them. They seem to shut up when it's playing. Otherwise they are LOUD

OH, I just bought two little poults at a swap meet this weekend. I love the sounds they make, but of course they're tiny....They're in with five chicks.....

Back
Top Bottom