Noisy noisy chicken who started laying eggs recently!? Help?

desilvam

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 7, 2011
So recently our chicken (Golden Lakenvelder, 5 months), has started laying eggs
big_smile.png
but also has started being SUPER loud
hu.gif
!! The loud bawking is mostly in the morning about an hour or two before she lays the egg, but is also at random times of the day... If it continues, we can't keep her
hit.gif

What can I do and why is this happening?
Thanks
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
I had a partridge cochin who would cluck like crazy after she laid! I think its just what some do to let the other chickens know she laid and then well it usually gets the whole flock clucking!

It can be quite shocking how loud they are when they begin to lay and sing the egg song. I was sure my neighbors would have a fit! However, no one ever complained. I've also noticed that mine have gotten much quieter over the last year. So, don't give up on her yet. Hopefully you'll learn to love the song
smile.png

some are just louder than others...
I do notice...a dramatic difference..in sounds...inside..if she is doing her song..inside..the coop...maybe extra insilation might help...
might settle in..over time...

I had the exact same issue with my 3 (illegal)city hens. They had recently started laying and were singing so so loud! I talked to the neighbors that surrounded me and they all said they couldn't hear it or it didn't bother them. My Henny stopped singing the song altogether within the past 2 months, shes around 8 months now. I found that calling out to them and distracting them made them stop almost immediately. Good Luck!

hello

new egg layers do seem to be loud, i think its a shock for them ,

all birds like to do some sort of egg song to say hay look what i am doing.

when i got my two BO they were extremly loud and i dont blame them the eggs were huge !

i would speek to your neighbours and say that it should hopefully calm down and give them a few eggs - no one can resist fresgh eggs , all my neighbours are happy with the girls singing in the morning now as they have come to realise song=fresh eggs for breakfast

its when they stop making the noise that the neighbours will compain
lol.png

There's not much you can do about it. I have a few hens that are ridiculously loud and go on forever and others that literally don't make a peep. The egg-laying ritual differs from hen to hen. I even have one hen who hasn't laid for over a month but still faithfully hops into the nest, stays for an hour or so, sings her song, then hops out again. I told her to quit lying to me; She just blinked.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom